Is it possible to mix different tilesets into one?

48Tentacles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let's say I have one tileset based on a green forest, and another tileset based on a factory. Let's suppose a player needs to enter in a factory to achieve their objective. Instead of creating two maps of different tilesets that involve the exit of the forest and the entrance of the factory, I could create a third map between them to create a more immersive transition instead of a blunt transition, to let the player know that they are walking toward a factory.

Example, the previously mentioned third map could contain grass but if the player keeps walking they'll do it on steel tiles, naturally alerting the player that they are approaching to a non-natural structure.

Would mixing two tilesets be possible? Including autotile sections of the image files?

Halcy0n

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would recommend just cutting/pasting and mixing/matching the tiles you want on an MV/MZ tileset template in a graphics-editing program.

Some people use GIMP, or Photoshop if they have it. Personally, I think paint.net works perfectly. That's what I use.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can keep the tileset images (A1, A2, A3, etc) intact and create a new tileset, pulling in whatever images you want as long as they're correct for each slot.

But if you truly want to merge the tilesets - some from one A2 and some from the other A2, you will need to create a new A2 image and copy in the tiles you want to use from each. I use GIMP to do this. Paint.net works for most other things for me, but its default grid system is awful, and the plugins for grids don't have snapping, which is really handy and makes things a lot faster.

Either way, you will then need to set up all the flags in the tileset - passage, counter, etc.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?
Does anyone recognize him? :kaocry:
pwkyiDa.jpg

And hi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuangou