Is it possible to use a picture for face image

Discussion in 'Game Character Hub' started by Xuwboss, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Xuwboss

Xuwboss Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am thinking about getting the game creator hub and I was wondering is it possible to use a picture for the face image? The game that I want to make I want to use real people's faces for the characters in the game because I don't want my game to look like it's from a typical Japanese RPG. I do not mind how the sprites look but I would want to use real faces for my characters and NPC's. Is there a copy and paste function in the software? If not then I'll just save my money and use the character generator that's built into MV

2. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, you can use any image, not just facesets. Bust plugins allow you to use anything, even prancing ponies, nature panoramas,... Whatever, as long as you name the pictures accordingly.

3. Xuwboss

Xuwboss Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a link to it? Is it for the creator hub or MV's Character Generator?

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    neither - what the previous poster meant is that you can use any picture that you got anywhere in the game as a bust picture with a plugin, but you need to create that picture outside the generators.

If you want them as faces, simply fit them into the size of a facesheet (specifications are in the help file), if you want to use it as a bust you can either use a show picture before the show text or use a plugin that automatically replaces the selected face picture with a bust picture on show text.

5. Xuwboss

Xuwboss Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh ok. Thanks