Is it possible?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Dragovich, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Dragovich

Dragovich Warper Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Greetings, people!
    Following the advice of my friend, I'm taking my inquiries here.
    What I'm asking is will it be possible to make the following in RPG Maker:
    A fighting system where enemies have multiples hit-zones (Like head, torso, arms, legs) and from that - attacks going not at the target as a whole, but aimed at specific bodyparts. And for those bodyparts having their own health, so you can disable a knight's arms, so they can't attack at full force, or legs, cutting down their speed.
    As well as a bit different system for stats, a system for perks, and the list probably go on...
    So my question is the same as in the title - would it be possible to make it?
    For reference, the closest thing to combat I'd like to make would be Darkest Dungeon, with the overworld map (and the overall story spacing) being done like in Hard West.

2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    if you mean for shooting, maybe, as a target part, its possible, but otherwise than that, it would probably take time
    to create a plugin like that or impossible if the system cant handle it.

there is probably not many battle combat like that out though. but creating a system for it would be either to hard,
    or impossible and only possible if you modify the core parts with it to handle it. but it would be alot of time consuiming.

3. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    MV's Javascript engine is open-source, so if you know how, you can create almost anything.