Benzu_Akamaru

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone. I'm brand new to the forum and was hoping for someone to point me in the right direction or give some quick tips.

I have had an idea for a game in my head for a couple of years now and I want to actually put in the work to make it a reality. My idea is a turn-based strategy game similar to Advance Wars on the GameBoyAdvance, if any of you remember that. I am curious to know if RPG maker would be the right game engine for something like this, or if it is only for RPG's in general. If that's the case, where do you think I would best be able to make a pixelated, turn-based strategy game?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Short answer:
No, at least if you expect an easy to use.

Long answer:
RPG Maker series is a framework to make RPG. However, the code is available to be changed. So by the default, it only handles RPG and whatever that RPG requires. Technically, the code can be changed into something completely different from RPG, however, doing it is like trying to make a game from scratch (not using the game engine). To answer the question, yes it can be used to make tactic games, but it isn't the ideal engine to do so.

Unfortunately, this site prohibits the users from mentioning other game engines afaik.

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@TheoAllen I guess I can PM them what I was going to tell them for answer if it was alright.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JtheDuelist I'm not the staff, but I think it's alright.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JtheDuelist I would just pm in this case. I know there are instances where other game engines are allowed mention, but I'd need to take this to the moderators and ask if this is an instance where that can happen or not. It would take a while, so pm is your safe bet.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

LordDarthon58, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Closing this

Latest Profile Posts

Tarzanthecat wrote on hiddenone's profile.
THANK YOU SO MUCH HIDDENONE ADSKFSJDFSKDF
Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington