ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The quality of the writing in the description is off-putting. Reading that (whether or not I care for the kind of humorous content in the game) makes me think that all of the writing in the game will be like that, and I'll be stuck reading windows full of run-on sentences and other grammatical errors.

Perhaps that's part of what you're going for, making a meme-based game that utilizes casually poor English, but...that's my feedback.

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ATT_Turan That's a bit harsh . . . :frown:

I think your game is good for the crowd that you're trying to cater to, but what's most important when you create any work of art is that you think it's good.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ultimate meme-game, but then I don't see a single meme in the screenshots or through dialogue. The edgy kind of writing is okay if it's part of the entire idea, but if you promise the ultimate meme game, you better deliver if you want me to play it.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan That's a bit harsh . . . :frown:
I'm sorry you think so, but I disagree. How you present your game in its product listing is literally the first impression anyone gets from it. If that uses unprofessional or hard to read language, I am never going to click any farther than that. If your standards are more tolerant, that doesn't make mine harsh :)

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
In general, I think all games are good (except those made for just grabbing money.) It's a representation of one's creation. It's a piece of the creator themselves.

In this game, the smile on the title looks friendly. :kaojoy:
I can also appreciate the humor and some...likely easter eggs I found even though I can understand some of them well. :kaoswt2:

It's just stuck in loading sometimes for unknown reasons. (Maybe it's because I'm in China. There is a bad evil Great Firewall. )

And....I didn't figure out how to kill certain enemies. :kaoswt2:

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I guess making a game with such violent language only works when it's.. well, funny, I guess? I don't see why it should be fun to read random swear words in literally every sentence. Also, you really need to put more effort into your game; the Mapping is just awful.

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ATT_Turan I looked at the OP's Latest activity, and adjusted my tolerance accordingly, before posting a reply.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not a harsh assessment, really...

If you want people to critique your game, post it in the Project section, not here. Add more information about your game, and screenshots. From what I can see here, the mapping is not good, and there's not much to talk about the story or battle system. Seems like a troll game that was made for laughs, at best. So, you failed the presentation part already.

Who knows? Maybe it's actually a funny game, but we are dismissing it too quick. But you gotta do more to show us why we should be interested in playing.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Uh... did you misspell "Wrecked" on purpose? It's very jarring, considering that's the title of your game.
Personally, it doesn't look like my cup of tea. And no, I'm not a snowflake because I don't like to be sworn at every other sentence. I'm not honestly sure if this is meant to be a joke game, considering you're looking for feedback. But basically, what others have said. If you think it's good, that's all that matters. It's not really the type of thing I'd play, but if it floats your boat, run with it.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends of each person in the end. Some may like it, others not. Do not worry to much about it and focus on making what you enjoy doing and becoming better at it than yesterday! ;) :thumbsup-left:

Twempie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll give you credit for working on a project and putting it out there, that's the hardest (and arguably) the scariest part of making a game, but your three biggest surface-level issues here are:

1. The Presentation & Audience:
Deciding on where to put your game is a bit of a difficult task because quite often you have to be able to read the room' on a community to try and figure out if your game's ideals themselves would be accepted there before throwing it out to the wolves and asking for feedback.

I only just signed up today, but from what I've seen while lurking around, I don't think a meme game full of what is likely in-jokes between friends is going to do too well outside your group of friends, let alone a community of developers.

2. The Mapping & Themes:
This kind of speaks for itself, your maps are full of broken eclectic pathways, tiles in certain maps look like they were chosen at random; Take the lava map, for instance, it's covered in scorched tiles with a river of lava, makes sense, it's a Volcanic/Infernal theme... But then you're using carpet? If there's a joke or a reason for this, I'd definitely want that portrayed because to me it screams the person who made the map doesn't know how to stick to a theme or aren't sure how to make a coherent map. If the choice of using carpet was for a one-off gag, that's a pretty weak design decision to choose a floor tile on.

3. Rebel without a Cause:
Now look, I love an underdog, hell I've been the underdog at several points in my life and there's no better feeling than coming out on top of whatever it is that's keeping you down, but... The main menu song is just a slowed-down version of what I think is a song by The Living Tombstone, you've got "**** Your Feelings" & "**** Copyright" plastered on there too and quite frankly it feels like you're just lashing out pointlessly.

"Look at how much of a rebel I am, using an FNAF song without the owner's permission", "Look at how cool I am because I don't give a **** about your feelings!", "I swear every other sentence because that's the cool thing to do!"

I don't really know much about you personally, but this kind of attitude really screams rebellious teens to me and I get it, I've been there myself; I've been a pretty strong believer in "**** the System" since the system failed my family one incident after another, but yoinking some guys song and shouting "**** copyright!" isn't ****ing the system, it's ****ing other creatives and yourself because you're inherently installing a lack of respect against yourself in other people.

I get this has been a bit of a lengthy response and it's more about you and me, rather than your game, but this is just how the whole thing comes off to me.

You asked for feedback, here it is.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I locked this thread as game feedback threads needs to go into the development section.

Please read the pinned rules before posting in that section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Still early in development but feel like I'm hitting a wall. Either I can't find plugins to do what I need, or they're paywalled :/
Screenshot-2021-05-02-at-15-07-54.png

Tivadar will help you travel to distant places in Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinlukscg