ledomaine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

Few years ago - in 2016 - I started to make a RPG Maker MV script to make it work hand in hand with Node.JS in order to transform the RPG Maker into MMORPG Maker. The script handle synchronisation of movements as well as registration, login, instanced and global map as well as chat features (local & global too). I stopped the project after few weeks because I had other things to do but I stumbled upon old videos of my PoC and found the files on my computer so I was wondering if any of that was interesting for someone here?

If yes, then I'll see to reverse engineer my code - because I kinda forgot what my hacky code was doing - to push it on GitHub with some documentation and leave you guys the freedom to do whatever you want with it! It lack inventory, combat and quests features as well as some anti-cheats I guess but it is JavaScript so SUPER EASY to implement, lets be honest :p

Here is a link to my tweet with the latest PoC video :

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ledomaine I moved this to plugin development as it seemed the most suitable place for it.

ledomaine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks mlogan! Sorry, registered awhile back but still very new to this forum :p

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No need to apologize!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There have been a few people requesting multiplayer/online functionality, so I'm sure people would be interested. Note though, there have been a few updates to MV so your code may not work with the latest version of the engine. You might have to refactor a bit.

MusicalSamurai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is amazing (your concept) of integrating MV with Node! - It's kinda baffling to me how MV doesn't seem to accept a standard bit of JS such as someString.equalsIgnoreCase("Something") so this has made me rather curious on what kind of roadblocks/difficulties you encountered while trying to do this (if you can remember that far back) - I'm kinda toying with the idea of making my game be a 2 player Co-Op to work over LAN and your mentioning of Node rang some bells in my head, I'm curious on your initial setup to get MV and Node to respond to eachother before I sit down and seriously think about how I could implement such a feature! :)

P.S. I later learned, due to my nature of using too many different languages that I was mistaken about the "equalsIgnoreCase("Something")" function which is from the Java Language and there was me expecting it to be in JS... Ahah.. :D

Last edited:

MusicalSamurai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
I hope you will continue the development of this awesome plugin and taht anyone that could help you out to achieve something even greater in rpg maker mv. I hope this community will never end :D

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its a pretty interesting plugin. Seems to be similar to Nelderson's MV Online Core but simpler, requiring far less configurations and knowledge.

I support the idea of you publishing it. The more people developing multiplayer(and other) solutions for MV the better for the whole community!

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
is this complete. im planning to use this for my card battle game. thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I have a lighter work schedule next week. Is that a sign to move on to MZ?
I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"
Work on Yanfly's MZ plug-ins is coming along nicely. Looking forward to getting them: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Core_Engine_VisuStella_MZ
so uh variables can only be used for num lol? I guess I gotta fix that once MZ come out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BM_ANDERSON