Is my Tab S8's display fine or defected?

Which tablet looks better to you?

• Tab A.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are bad.

• Both are good.

• Other.

• Total voters

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello guys,

I just bought a Tab S8, the base model, with LCD screen. I compared it with my Tab A 10.1 from 2017. Both have the same brightness and color settings. No blue light filter, no comfort view, dark mode, whatsoever turned on. My Note 10+ has nasty burn-in already, so I can't compare it with these two properly. Seems like the Tab A can be even brighter/whiter than both the Note 10+ and S8, though. How can a budget 5-year-old tablet have better white display?

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

Is this how this tablet is? Or did I get a bad unit?
They both have LCD screen. Both on vivid mode. No option to adjust color temperature.

I did some searching around, and apparently, the S7 and S8+ models are similar... Does anyone else have any of these tablets? The people who reviewed the S8, in their video, looks like their white screen are also more like light grey, but I don't know if it's because of the camera or they turned their brightness down.

I took these pictures with my Note 10+. It might not look like it, but the white background on the Tab A are clearly brighter/whiter than the S8. The Note 10+, uhm, might not be as bright, either. Actually, I think out of all the devices I have, the Tab A has the whitest white, perhaps aside from my old laptop. Again, the pictures really don't do the Tab A justice. It's much brighter when I look at it with my own eyes. I've asked some other places, and the overall consensus is that this is just how these screens are. Well, thought I should ask here, too. I was going to contact Samsung support, but if this is how the screen works, I won't need to.

Thanks in advance for any answer!

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
they all have roughly 400-500 nits of brightness. not great outdoors, but more than bright enough inside.
is your tab A 10.1 spen compatible?
check as well, adaptive brightness, eye comfort, bluescreen filter, and auto brightness

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm mainly concerned about why the S8 seems to have worse white display.
The Tab A from 2017 does not have S-pen. I don't see how it has to do with anything, either.

check as well, adaptive brightness, eye comfort, bluescreen filter, and auto brightness

I keep getting asked if these are on, despite me already clearly saying that they are not. :distrust:
No adaptive/auto brightness enabled. Second picture shows that, too.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry, I admit, i only skimmed the post.
IDK, my NOTE 10+, NOTE 20 ULTRA, TAB A 10.1 S-Pen, TAB S4, TAB S6, TAB S8 all have great brightness.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
TAB A 10.1 S-Pen, TAB S4, TAB S6, TAB S8 all have great brightness.

Do you think the Tab A, S4 and 6 have different white brightness than the S8?

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I feel TAB A is different, and it probably has to do with the physical screen, LCD vs OLED vs AMOLED. The mention of S-Pen is because the digitizer sits on top of the screen.
they all produce roughly 400-500 nits of brightness.. where as IPADs are like 1000 nits(screens are made by SAMSUNG).
If you feel your screen isnt up to scratch.. maybe bring it to a shop that has them on display, hold them side by side. You also have samsung support.

Latest Profile Posts

So I managed to scare my chief. Between shifts I had an appointment with my psychiatrist, so prior to it I'd told him "If I ain't coming today, they've kept me there.". Then as I was asleep, my phone died. So I overslept and through the entire time I was unreachable.
I spent so much time toiling in VX Ace frankensteining scripts together only for MV to come along and just... have everything.

The overworld tool system in particular I thought was gonna take me a million years to recreate, but nope. Thanks Moghunter.
Going to go live way earlier than usual tonight, pretty much in 20 minutes, purely because I'm bored. :LZSlol:

So... I'm gonna be a parent... XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eternaldes