Is Namco releasing Sprites and can they be used in the US?

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by F117Landers, Jul 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. F117Landers

F117Landers Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey all!

Someone on Reddit had linked to a site called opengame.jp that is claiming that Namco was working with Kadokawa to release MV sprites. (link

Is this legitimate?  Also, if I'm not misunderstanding, the terms of use say that it's for use by RPG Tskuuru users in Japan.  Am I mistaken?

2. Victor Sant

Victor Sant Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Lately some companies (Namco included) have been making collabs with other companies to release content for their platforms. 

If this is official, (and it seems to be) I suppose this is one of them.

I don't see anything limiting that to Japan. Unless stated otherwise, anything released for Japanese RPG Maker MV is usable on western RPG Maker.

3. F117Landers

First Language:
    English
    @Victor Sant Mainly this line:

was confusing me (granted, my Japanese isn't that good).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  4. AceOfAces_Mod

AceOfAces_Mod Engineering to infinity! Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well, this is what Google Translate gave me, so take it with a grain of salt:

3) for the purpose of advertising and sales promotion of content that has been produced on the basis of the No. 1, produced a promotional advertising materials and promotional by duplicating or adaptation of this material, distributed free of charge in Japan, screenings, exhibitions , it is public transmission

5. F117Landers

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, for some reason Google tr doesn't do so well with Japanese. The part I quoted was from the terms of use for three requirements that must be met (the "and" - と - at the end of the sentence leads in to the final clause, which is omitted in translate).  

I was kind of hoping that the forum staff would be aware due to communications with Deiga/Enterbrain.