Nimbus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So my copy of MZ came with a plugin called ScreenZoom.js written by Sasuke Kannazuki. It lets you zoom your camera in on different event targets which is pretty cool. However I've noticed that whatever method the plugin is using for scaling causes a really nasty blurry effect on all the sprites. It seems that it's not using Nearest Neighbor for its scaling and I was curious if anyone knows a way to modify the code to scale without blurring pixels together.

In RPG Maker MV I used to use MBS_MapZoom.js by Masked for all of my camera zooming and the scaling in this was nice and crisp with no blurred edges. I tried to read through the code to see if I could figure out what he did differently but I'm not really good with Javascript so I couldn't figure it out. Does anyone have any idea why the scaling in this other plugin would cause so much blurring to happen?

The ScreenZoom plugin was in my DLC folder so I'm not 100% sure if it's legal for me to post it (not sure if I only got it because I pre-ordered or if it actually came with everyone's copy). But if you go into the following path in your MZ directory you might have the plugin: \RPGMakerMZ\DLC\BasicResources\plugins\launch

ScreenZoom.jpg

Demetrius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
RM2k

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DarkAdria wrote on  Masked 's profile.
Hello, sorry to bother you. I have tried to send you a private message, but it indicates that due to the privacy settings it is not possible.
Some time ago, I finished my project and made a port for Android. Because the original idea was to play the game with a keyboard on PC, playing it with a mouse caused some bugs. (max 420 characters)...
Another day, Another migraine, I found out that the game is broken about the .... Stuff.... Im not best at coding and, I got this billion error, so no choice, I think the error is from Yanfly's SkillMastery...... Fixing it...
Today I got my first shot of the COVID vaccine (Sputnik V). I was very worried. I didn't feel the prick at all. I do not observe any side effects yet.
I should stop staring at the screen too long. neck hurt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shartrad271