Is parallax mapping editing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPGlover2, Jun 27, 2019.

1. RPGlover2

RPGlover2 Villager Member

First Language:
    Italiano
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi,
    I bought some tilesets. In the terms of use, it's written that you can't edit them. Can I use them in parallax mapping? Is parallax mapping editing?
    Thx

2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Edits are more recoloring, modifications, as for parallax, its not edit the tiles (from B-E)

as long you use the original, you can use them as long you dont recolor them or make modifications.

3. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just out of curiosity, which Tilesets are this? Buying them and not being able to Edit them sounds strange and rare.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @RPGlover2
    I think you better give us a link to the specific tileset in question (unless it is not from degica, you can't link to other shops here).

Basically the ToS are always depending on the artist, and an artist can place any restriction for any reason (although it might result in less people buying if he goes overboard with restrictions).
    But that means that no one can give a general blanket answer without knowing the details of the ToS/EULA, and you might have to get clarification from the artist or the shop where it was bought (if it wasn't from Degica)

Marquise* likes this.