wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Wanted to ask if there's a way to have a random chance of choosing between several choice branches.

Example: I wanted to have a thing where the player can walk into a location and have a random chance of finding different characters there. So, would it be possible to have something like an automatic scene transition but have a random chance between the choices instead of something like a variable deciding it?

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Event Command: Control Variables
Operator: Set
Operand value: Choose a random number between two numbers.

According to the variable, you Check with a Conditional Branch and do different things for different values. Variable decides it, but it gets a random value. Boom.

wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Yes was talking about vnmaker specifically. Sorry if that was unclear

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did a little hunting around and found this over on the Steam boards~
Kentou said:
Hi, you can use Number Variable command and for Source you can select "Random" and then you can set a From-To Range to generate a random number. You can also use that random number to pick a value from a list if you use it as Index. (Get from List command)
Link to source.

wilsonthegreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Sounds very helpful, I'll give it a try when I get the chance and edit this post with the results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pft... people think the moon landing is fake. Nonsense. The moon doesnt even exist in the first place, it's just the reflection of the earth on the surface of space.
I don't know if anyone will get my old pop culture references. Item: Empty Basket. Description: Don't worry. Yogi Bear won't try to steal it.
My second childrens book is finally uploaded and approved and available to buy! I am so happy!
I just realized I passed 1,000 likes. I'm amazed you people actually like this crap. It's no surprise you'd like my high quality content. :kaopride:
Running on a creative high right now. Expanding my Redwood tile D with doors, windows, and some other odds and ends today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watson2345