Is RPG Maker 2003 able to run on Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by goldenhawk, May 14, 2019.

1. goldenhawk

goldenhawk Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is RPG Maker 2003 able to run on Windows 10?
    It’s just that it’s the only version of RPG Maker I can afford on steam and RPG Maker MV is priced at $115.95 on steam and RPG Maker 2003 is $28 on steam. I used to have RPG Maker MV on a different machine but I forgotten the activation key and that machine is no longer functional it’s dead from malware and viruses. Also I was wondering if I replaced my dead computer with a new one can I use my product key from my previous computer to activate it on my new computer for the second and final and last time? You see it’s my hobby to make games and that’s my passion, I do not intend to sell my RPGs...

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 Great Sorcerer Ainz Ooal Gown-sama Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you bought the engine on steam you can reinstall it legally on your new computer.

Also, if you want to buy any engine, I would suggest waiting for the steam summer sales since there will probably be many discounts. Sometimes you can get 75% of MV. It starts on June 20th. However, there is also the Spring sale on May 23, so you might check that out too.

3. goldenhawk

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just one problem I have not bought it on steam last time I purchased it through PayPal, well technically my dad bought it for me when I was 10

4. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 Great Sorcerer Ainz Ooal Gown-sama Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maybe try to find the transaction on the paypal account and use that as proof and communicate with someone that works for Degica (maybe an admin from this forum? I don't know).

5. goldenhawk

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That’s really helpful but I will save up my birthday money and wait for the 75% off discount on steam and spend $41 on RPG Maker MV

Dreadshadow and MushroomCake28 like this.
  6. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Clever move if you want a second opinion. MV is really great.

Amane Kagari likes this.
  7. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Quick answer to your question - yes it will run on Windows 10, I've done it.