Is that legal using sample source of DLC in our Project?

Luminous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Hey, I am new here and still learning about legal issue. I want avoid so many illegal action here. Started by buy legal copy at steam. But I have original IDM (Internet Download Manager) too at my PC, and when I see the DLC music sample resource (at soundcloud) there are pop up by my IDM asking to download that sound file. I download that file so I can listen without go to my soundcloud.

What I am asking here is :

1. Is that legal to use that music sample we get from soundcloud in our project?

2. Download is available if you have IDM so I think the composer didn't know that importing his work there is download able right?

3. I need wise advise, just answer can I use that or no? Give me your opinion why yes and why no

Seriel

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I would assume no.

Because that is only to see what it is. To 'Try before you buy

And also, they have chosen to not allow downloads, meaning they don't want you to download it. IDM just bypass's that.

So in short, no. (Based entirely off opinion)

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For resources from anywhere, you need to follow the Terms of Service issued by the artist/composer.  If they say that you can download their material, they will also say under what circumstances it can be used.  That will vary considerably, for example, free for personal use only, free for non-commercial use only, free for commercial use, pay a fee for commercial use etc. etc.

If they have not specified that you can download the resource, then it counts as a ripped resource, and should not be used under any circumstance.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
This is not an opinion, it's a fact when it comes to pack previews and samples on Soundcloud:

No, it is not legal to use music you've downloaded via the IDM from SoundCloud preview lists. The preview lists, in particular, are for material that has a license attached to it. You can only get said license by legally purchasing the pack in question.

If you have not purchased the pack, you have no legal right to use it.

Luminous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will not use that file on my project. Yeah the IDM bypass everything and I know the composer didn't want that OP feature IDM has.

I will try to buy that pack if my saving is ready because the music is match for mine. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Transferring over the character creation to MMO MV is going okie-ish, but slow~ Mainly image assets reformatting/reworking I have to do to work in this engine is a pain. XD At least the MMO battles works pretty well so far! Woop woop! :kaoluv:
At this point I'm sorta convinced that the joke "they mix something in the cafeteria food" may be true. Like, every single person seems to be dozing off in class right after lunch...
Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FenixLuciferum