Is the a way to add more colours to the palette that RPG Maker 2000 supports?

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Each file uses an index of 256 colors, these colors can be anything. So... Just draw or/and save your own stuff into a 256 color BMP.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said above - no, that old maker needs exactly 256 colors in the palette of its resources (that is a quirk, it also gives an error if the palette is incomplete with less than 256 colors).

but you can change the palette anyway you want and use different palettes for different pictures.
That is sometimes difficult to handle in an image program, but it does allow any color you need.

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
To use as many colors as possible within the limits, the RGB values of your image palettes have to be compatible with the 16bit standard (5 bits for Red, 6 for Green, 5 for Blue) or else they won't be displayed ingame the same way they should look.

The following basic grey gradient is not the best example possible, but it might give you an idea of it.
1620902595137.png
★ The top one is what RPG_RT will display.
★ The bottom one is the real image.

There are unofficial patch files available for some versions that change how RPG_RT displays the game screen to 32bit method (though 8bit images are still needed they can be pushed to the limits way easier). But by applying you may get in trouble distributing your game.

~炬燵あ

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
As already mentioned, each image has its own palette with a limit of 256 colors (functioning only as 8-Bit).

Just out of curiosity, why do you need more than that?

I edited everything from MSPaint (Windows 7) and saved it in 24-Bit and then using FastStone Resizer to convert (In batch).

I posted a tutorial years ago, but I lost all the images.

Before I used a program in German made to separate and combine intensities of different graphics from Rm2k3.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Playing my game to improve my game. (Totally not procrastinating)
Hope he recovers fast :|
Looks like it's functional:
It's a common thing to forget eating &drinking while you are working concentrated, right?
If I had discovered RPG-Maker before moving together with my girlfriend, I'd have died of dehydration a long time ago.
Ami
trying to change my picture & got screwed up...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryweuu