Is the first enemy encounter area in your game a forest?

Is your first map a forest?

• Yes, the first map in my game is a forest.

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • No... but my second map is a forest!

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • No, neither my first nor second map is a forest

Votes: 45 61.6%

• Total voters

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
1st encounter (If not skip tutorial) in a game inside of the game. (Yes...my game is just weird like this)
2nd encounter in an abandoned building fighting a...cat :kaoswt2:
And then...the tutorial part ends here, it's an open world, so it can be in a city, a sewer, some buildings, some deserts or....the forest. I totally have no control over players. :kaoswt2:

They can go fight random citizens, police officers, cats, rats, slimes, zombies, and all kinds of weird things...

Meowsticks

Just a person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Technically, the first battle takes place inside of a building, but that is purely for tutorial and the enemy can't even attack, so I don't think that counts.

The real first battle(and dungeon) takes place in an ice area in a cavern beneath an Igloo. It's actually quite a bit of time before you get to the forest. :guffaw:

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In the early stages of my current project it was planned to be a forest, but now its a mountainous wasteland with ruins.

Crazya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Lately, games that I have played had enemies in caves more so than forest. For me, the maps I am creating are towns/cities. But I do plan to have first encounters in a dungeon or cave. I would love to stir away from the overuse of having one biome (like the forest), but sadly I don’t think a random sand biome would fit my game… for now.

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The first encounter in Effervesce Fallacy™ is a slime that is digesting the hero of RMMV, Harold, inside of a tent . . . maybe his exploits were a bit exaggerated. :wink:

After a shelf falls on Harold, he's impaled by his own sword. The player character, Rosé, inadvertently slays Harold, by drawing his sword from his heart prior to the battle.

Last edited:

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, it is the lobby of Castle Levada, where Oscar and Mira are sent to clean the floor mosaic that was smeared with Blobra slime by a mischievious student.

Legend of Terra Firma does not have specific forest locations or dungeons. Forest is a battleback that is activated in forest parts of the world map.

CHKNRAVE

Surprisingly not sponsored by Yanfly.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first encounter is in a village, then in its post office. The early forest encounter is a bit of a trope, but it's fine.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Progress on one of my projects has been slow, but I'm at a spot now where I feel like sharing the four main characters.

From left to right we have: Amabel, Tibby, Dusty, and Wren.

tibbyrpgcast.jpg
I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
unknown.png

"Fight me."
I'll finally wash my clothes today!
SA46ATTACK.gif :kaojoy:New Arab character in action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildsky