RMMZ Is there a connected maps plugin available for MZ?

Powell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So in RPG maker MZ the maximum map size is 256 by 256 and I am looking for a plugin that would allow two large maps (192 by 256) to be connected to form a map of 384 by 256...

DRG

Orange juice lover, Sunny D Hater.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While I don't know anything about making plugins, or about making the specific plugin you want. And correct me if I'm wrong, but technically it is possible to make maps larger than 256 x 256. While in the editor that's the maximum size, you can open up the maps .json file in the data folder, and change the numbers next to "height" and "width" to change the map's size, and they can exceed said limit.

and then you can edit the actual map in the editor just fine too. and the map should load perfectly fine as well, though particularly large maps could result in lag. As long as you don't press space/Right click + edit, to enter the map's "map properties" tab then the game shouldn't bring the width and height down either.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As long as you don't enter the map's "map properties" tab then the game shouldn't bring the width and height down either.

This disadvantage can't be understated, and is the main reason why only the most experienced users should edit the mapfile to make them larger.

because if you do this, not only will the map be reduced to the official map size limit, but everything outside that limit will be deleted, possibly destroying a lot of work.

Reactions: DRG

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could simply make multiple maps that have transfer player events with no visual effect. You'd need to set them far enough away from the edge to provide a visual buffer for the game window.

This only doesn't work if you have events running around randomly on the map (would also look screwy if you have party followers on, although you might be able to mess with a followers plugin to transfer them separately so they don't spontaneously stack on you).

Example:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-G-Games