Is there a custom script that changes what pictures certain events can call on?

mkrudesign

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my RPG, I use character portraits as pictures during cutscenes. in these events, I use "show picture" to display the character(s) on screen. What I want to know is, if there is a custom script or a plugin or something that would change what pictures those premade events call on.

As an example: Let's say I created an event that uses Show Picture: "character1Happy.png" in past events. I run a script that would instead make all events that use "character1Happy.png" call upon "character1ALTHappy.png" instead.

I want to see if I can make an event that changes a character's outfit and have that new outfit display in the events I've already made, without having to redo it one by one.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could put the image name (without the .png) into a variable, then use a script call to show the picture rather than the Show Picture command, using the variable to provide the picture name.

So your event will change the character's outfit AND the variable with the picture name.

Your Show Picture command in each event will be replaced with a script call, but I can't give you the exact script call without seeing a screenshot of your Show Picture command, as the parameters passed in the script call would depend on what settings you use with the Show Picture.

mkrudesign

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could put the image name (without the .png) into a variable, then use a script call to show the picture rather than the Show Picture command, using the variable to provide the picture name.

So your event will change the character's outfit AND the variable with the picture name.

Your Show Picture command in each event will be replaced with a script call, but I can't give you the exact script call without seeing a screenshot of your Show Picture command, as the parameters passed in the script call would depend on what settings you use with the Show Picture.
Untitled-1.jpg
This is an example of one of my events. All of the events I've made are essentially done this same way. In this example, I would want this event to call on a different image for "Mila Default" and "Mila Frown" I have hundreds of events already written at this point so changing each event one by one is out of the question.

You mentioned putting the picture name into a variable. Would I still name to manually edit the event in this instance?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, you would.

But if you already have hundreds of events and don't want to go back and change them now, you're better off seeing if someone can write a plugin that will intercept the Show Picture command and search for a "current substitute" for that picture.

I notice you have spaces in the name of a couple of your pictures there. That's going to cause you problems if you want to deploy to a non-Windows machine (mobile device or online, for instance).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yo Ho Ho... Time flies when you are having rum...

I'm rewatching Glee, just watched grilled cheesus.
Now I'm not sure if I'm hungry or I want to cry.
I just completed Ara Fell - completing the game unlocks an Epilogue. An interesting thing to possibly consider for my games.
I decided to try to make a mucha-styled artwork, and by now I've sunk more time in studies and sketches than I usually do in the whole thing. Fingers crossed it's worth it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeoWolf