is there a method to turn on a parallax map add on in game?

T3sCoconuts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
trying to work out how to turn a special map add on in game, im trying to make a camp site, that the characters can interact with after its been turned on, though currently i have only managed to make a alternate map that the characters can activate, by using a item, given though i cant work out how to return them to the original site...

what im trying to do is make a camp site, that the player can enter, and see all the other characters in his/her party, though the camp site is not going to be in 1 place. i want to have it that the player can activate it in a open field when they need it, either by placing it onto the map there on, or teleporting into the camp map and then returning to the normal map,

the only other way that i can work out how to do this is to just set up a camp switch on every map, that would return them to that map via switch's, i could do this also with parallax, making a over lay camp, though i cant work out how to turn it off still or make it interactive once its on the map,

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
parallax mapping and campsite are completely independent of each other.

If you search the forum you should be able to find several topics about either "tent item" or "town portal" or similar things.
It's basically an item that calls a common event. In the common event you'll use three control variable commands to store the current position, then transfer to your camp/town map. On the town map you'll have an exit event that transfers the player back to the position stored in the three variables.
That is basic eventing with variables, nothing special or complex

whether you make the camp a regular map or a parallax map is up to you.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you are making that camp site, before transfering to that camp map, record your position using variable :
1587550187762.png

In that camp map, when you go outside, you just need to transfer your character based on that recorded position.

1587550362181.png

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not making parallax camp backgrounds as parallax for that map, and then, just change the parallax bcg depending on variable = terrain type? It's pretty simple to make even without scripting.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms
Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myj3775