RMMZ Is there a plugin allow you show illustration when actor do critical?

TSUBAKI30

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
china
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In my project, critical rate is very low. so I think drawing a special illu for a critical will be amazing.
I looked up Yanfly's plugin, but I can't find it.
So, is there any way I can do that?
(forgive my bad english, hope you guys can understand//)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You wouldn't be looking at Yanfly plugins first if you're using MZ, VisuStella are written natively for that engine.

In MV, I do this with a combination of Irina's Action Cut-Ins and Yanfly's Damage Core. For MZ, I only see one plugin that offers cutins and it looks very basic. I would be hesitant to spend money on Irina's when it may not work on MZ and has obfuscated code you can't edit (I don't see it listed in Project FOSSIL).

You could use notetags from VisuStella's Battle Core to display an image when you get a critical hit, but if you want it to be fancy and animated you might need a cutin plugin.

TSUBAKI30

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
china
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you, I will check VisuStella's Battle Core.
You wouldn't be looking at Yanfly plugins first if you're using MZ, VisuStella are written natively for that engine.

In MV, I do this with a combination of Irina's Action Cut-Ins and Yanfly's Damage Core. For MZ, I only see one plugin that offers cutins and it looks very basic. I would be hesitant to spend money on Irina's when it may not work on MZ and has obfuscated code you can't edit (I don't see it listed in Project FOSSIL).

You could use notetags from VisuStella's Battle Core to display an image when you get a critical hit, but if you want it to be fancy and animated you might need a cutin plugin.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In my project, critical rate is very low. so I think drawing a special illu for a critical will be amazing.
I looked up Yanfly's plugin, but I can't find it.
So, is there any way I can do that?

I know just the plugin. It's right here. I use it in my projects, and it's effective for showing critical hit images.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

render000.png
been using old character designs I had from high school for npcs in my game. seeing as the original idea of my game was a comic, I've got a LOT of designs for characters sitting around. a lot of people aren't a part of the story anymore, so I'll make 'em npcs.
I am doing the evaluation of the feedback from the students who played my game and the comments are killing me. "it was good, we just did not have any smart trains of thought" xD
My goal this month will be to get back to organizing assets and make a prototype scene with multiple airships hovering or flying over the world map.
Having a hard time getting playtesters for one of my Unity games. No one seems to be interested. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucifer821