RMMZ Is there a plugin for a notification popping up when you gain/lose an item?

chrimp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is a pretty simple one, is there a plugin that shows when you gain or lose an item. I want a notification that will say maybe, +1 item, -2 item whenever that updates. I'm sure this exists but I've tried to find it and I cant

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How are you gaining these items?

If they're rewards in battle, that should already be showing up in your aftermath. If you're giving them to the player via events on the map, most people just add a Show Text command in the same event that they give the item.

What is the circumstance where you're gaining/losing items but it's not in an event so you'd need a plugin?

chrimp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How are you gaining these items?

If they're rewards in battle, that should already be showing up in your aftermath. If you're giving them to the player via events on the map, most people just add a Show Text command in the same event that they give the item.

What is the circumstance where you're gaining/losing items but it's not in an event so you'd need a plugin?
well i want it to do that for everything, but the main reason is bcuz i have a repel item and theres a setting for automatically replenishing it, so i just want a small notifier for that. but also i think it'd just be cool for regular gameplay and whatnot

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're using a plugin to automatically reuse your repel item, that would be a good request to ask from that plugin author.

If you're doing it via a parallel event or something...see my first post, it's one command to add to the event.

I think the reasons you haven't seen anything like this are:
1 - The majority of times you gain or use items there's either already a message or you'd add an event command to say so. Having an automated message on top of the former would be redundant

2 - There are occasions you would intentionally not tell the player (your story event is removing an item and giving another, but to the player that item has changed/been enhanced/evolved) (you plant items in the inventory to track progress or something like that)

3 - The times you're manipulating items outside of events, directly via code, you typically wouldn't want the player the player to get notifications. If I crafted an item and I had to go through separate notifications for "You lost three copper, you lost a flux, you lost a feather, you gained a helmet," I would find that annoying

So to implement this well (that is, to account for all of the above circumstances) you'd need plugin commands or script calls to turn the notifications on and off, and you keeping track of that is probably more effort than simply adding in the messages you want.

chrimp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i dont really have any occasions like that in my game. btw these notifications aren't text boxes, like i said they are notifications. small transparent text things that don't interfere at all. im just asking if anyone has a plugin like that

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if MZ has such a thing. But I get what you're looking for. There SHOULD be one around... Many people prefer popups over textbox after all. Try looking at visustella perhaps?

If you were on MV, I could totally help you out xD

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
btw these notifications aren't text boxes, like i said they are notifications.
Yes, you did say that word, but by default in RPG Maker that doesn't mean anything - there's no such thing as a notification, so someone reading your post is not going to understand that you're not talking a Show Text box.

i dont really have any occasions like that in my game.
And that's perfectly fine when you're commissioning a plugin for your game. But when you're expecting to find a general plugin already made for the public, plugin authors need to design them to work for everyone in all use conditions.

I'm not trying to get on your case here, I'm just trying to explain how you have some assumptions both in your terminology and what you're asking for that make it harder for you to get a good answer.

VisuStella has a Gab plugin that displays the kind of windows you're asking for, but they're called by Plugin Command so I don't think that's a helpful solution for you.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello.
This is a pretty simple one, is there a plugin that shows when you gain or lose an item. I want a notification that will say maybe, +1 item, -2 item whenever that updates. I'm sure this exists but I've tried to find it and I cant

You can try this plugin I made and see if it fit your needs: TSR_MapPopups

Regards.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyzerKiba