RMMZ Is there a plugin or script to hide the textbox on keypress?

gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There were plugins with MV that made hiding the textbox possible, but since I moved to MZ I didn't find any(or any script too).
Hiding the textbox was one of the most important features for me since I want to show a lot of CGIs, is there any way to do it on MZ?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

rexie09

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just edited a plugin made for rpg maker mv so it may have some bugs but with the light testing i did it worked. The original can no longer be found but the authors website is https://himeworks.com/

please note the only keys you can use are
"tab", // tab
"ok", // enter
"shift", // shift
"control", // control
"control", // alt
"escape", // escape
"ok", // space
"pageup", // pageup
"pagedown", // pagedown
"left", // left arrow
"up", // up arrow
"right", // right arrow
"down", // down arrow
"escape", // insert
"pageup", // Q
"pagedown", // W
"escape", // X
"ok", // Z
"escape", // numpad 0
"down", // numpad 2
"left", // numpad 4
"right", // numpad 6
"up", // numpad 8
"debug" // F9

if you want more keys find a plugin that adds them there a plenty of them.
such as this one https://dk-plugins.ru/full-input/

Attachments

• HIME_HMSHideMessageWindow.js
    3.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just edited a plugin made for rpg maker mv so it may have some bugs but with the light testing i did it worked. The original can no longer be found but the authors website is https://himeworks.com/

please note the only keys you can use are
"tab", // tab
"ok", // enter
"shift", // shift
"control", // control
"control", // alt
"escape", // escape
"ok", // space
"pageup", // pageup
"pagedown", // pagedown
"left", // left arrow
"up", // up arrow
"right", // right arrow
"down", // down arrow
"escape", // insert
"pageup", // Q
"pagedown", // W
"escape", // X
"ok", // Z
"escape", // numpad 0
"down", // numpad 2
"left", // numpad 4
"right", // numpad 6
"up", // numpad 8
"debug" // F9

if you want more keys find a plugin that adds them there a plenty of them.
such as this one https://dk-plugins.ru/full-input/
Thank you!!!
The only minor "bugs" I think there might be is that the name of the character still shows and text will progress if the player presses Z/Enter even if the textbox is hidden(I think one enter/Z while hidden should cancel the hidden property instead of advancing), but your edit already saved my game :smile:

rexie09

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you!!!
The only minor "bugs" I think there might be is that the name of the character still shows and text will progress if the player presses Z/Enter even if the textbox is hidden(I think one enter/Z while hidden should cancel the hidden property instead of advancing), but your edit already saved my game :smile:
Here is a quick fix for the name window not hiding ill add the functionality to not move to the next message if the message is hidden when im not so tired.

EDIT: I added the part where it the player hits z the text become visible again
EDIT: i renamed the file and changed the read-me as all code from the original plugin was able to be removed so make sure to delete the old one and remove it from you're plugin manager and place this one in its place

Attachments

• Rexie09_HideMessageWindow.js
    2.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

gtswaifuism

Psychic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is a quick fix for the name window not hiding ill add the functionality to not move to the next message if the message is hidden when im not so tired.

EDIT: I added the part where it the player hits z the text become visible again
EDIT: i renamed the file and changed the read-me as all code from the original plugin was able to be removed so make sure to delete the old one and remove it from you're plugin manager and place this one in its place
Wow!! This is amazing!!!
Thank you so much, this is some visual novel-level plugin :kaojoy:
Now with this plugin RPG Maker MZ is powerful enough to make a VN-based game!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished my first Slip into Ruby since last July! It'll be up and added to the main post tomorrow, along with a new Jump into Javascript.
to pass the time.pngTesting out making boxes and packs of items. These things are always fun to do.
Rural Japan Tiles, Giant Dragon Sprite, Paint Icons? & Game Spicy Pixel Fonts | RPG Maker News #31

just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fertrick