RMMZ Is there a plugin that allows you to run common events in combat for RPG Maker MZ?

Azihayya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm trying to expedite the design flow of the game by having a game over the instant when the main character dies. I could just have the game over after combat, but I want to provide that extra clarity for players, to just know... The game ends when the main character dies. It's a permadeath game, and you can resurrect other characters in order to revive the game's progress, on a limited basis; but it just doesn't feel right to have the other characters pick the game up when it's supposed to be about the main character.

2DMike

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
VisuStella Battle Core allows this. You can use tags for timing (before turn etc) then use script to call the common event.

Edit: sorry, I should add I'm not sure if your scenario will work as described but certainly that is a way to have common events run during battle.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need a plugin for this, just use a troop event. Set the condition to Actor whichever's HP <= 0, and it can call the common event via the event commands.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
VisuStella Battle Core allows this. You can use tags for timing (before turn etc) then use script to call the common event.

Edit: sorry, I should add I'm not sure if your scenario will work as described but certainly that is a way to have common events run during battle.
I wonder if this plugin would also work for a couple things I want to do in my game.

One is to have certain characters transform into a different form in battle. This form will last a few turns. I created a common event for this, and added it to a skill that requires max TP. Unfortunately, my common event will not play when I use the skill. Looking on the bright side, I figured out how to make a skill that the player can use to temporarily transform enemies (e.g. transforming an enemy into a rock prevents it from moving, but also raises its defense.)

The other is to have dialogue accompany critical hits, and each character has its own critical hit dialogue. I created a common event for each character that allows them to do this, and like before, I added it to a skill as an effect. Alas, the common event does not play.

It's possible I didn't set it up correctly, though I'm starting to wonder if adding common events to skills just doesn’t work well in general.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Azihayya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm... I haven't figured out how this would work... I know the tags you're referring to, but I wouldn't know where to put them--and if they serve to call a common event, that implies I would need to plant the code into every troop scene. In the end, it might be doable to do this with every troop event, but I might run into a reason at some point not to.

I tried this plugin: https://rpgmaker.net/engines/rmmz/utilities/247/
and this works. You just have to make sure it has the right name.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been busy trying out different art styles for my game.

Enemies deserve some spotlight also
hackingCompressed.gif
I think I can make a text-based mini-game with almost zero art assets and with code only...just a lot of code as assets all by themselves. :kaojoy:
A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RPGThrowawaymaker