Is there a plugin that caps the amount of individual items in the inventory?

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking for a plugin that will put a hard cap on the amount of specific items in the inventory.
Let's say my game employs Potions, Hi Potions, Ethers, Elixirs, and Megalixirs. I want the maximum amount of each of those to be 30, 10, 10, 5, and 1 respectively (for example).
Being able to manage how much of a given item the player has access to is a necessary aspect of my current project's design ethos, to encourage the player to manage their resources more carefully than 'spam all 99 Potions in the item screen in preparation for the boss so I can use the Hi Potions so I can hoard the Elixirs and Megalixirs for the final boss'.
I would prefer the plugin to allow commercial use and am fine with being pointed toward existing plugins that require purchase before use. (I cannot commission someone to make such a plugin for me due to budget constraints, but I can save up for a pre-existing plugin if it already exists.)
Thank you for your time and consideration.

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe that Yanfly's Item Core plugin does this, along with many other things.

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe that Yanfly's Item Core plugin does this, along with many other things.
I've looked it over several times, so either I'm missing something obvious, or it's not immediately apparent. Do you know how I might be able to do what I am intending to do?

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there! See if any of these can help you:
MRTS Inventory Limitation - More simple
Draconis Inventory Limitation - A better version of the above.
I've already looked at those. As I understand, the MRTS plugin has bugs with the author being absent (since 2016, according to this forum) and not responding, which is a pretty bad combination.
Draconis does not limit the number of specific items, but instead limits how many item slots there are, and is confusing besides. (At least, that's what I understand of it based on the plugin author's answer to my asking if it limited item maximums.)
I appreciate the effort, though.

Zonegm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Core Engine does that. All you have to do is use this command in an item/armor/weapon's notetag: <Max Item: x> (where X is the maximum number you wants).

So using your example:

Potion - <Max Item: 30>

HiPotion - <Max Item: 10>

And so on... :wink:

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Core Engine does that. All you have to do is use this command in an item/armor/weapon's notetag: <Max Item: x> (where X is the maximum number you wants).

So using your example:

Potion - <Max Item: 30>

HiPotion - <Max Item: 10>

And so on... :wink:
Oh, I was not aware of this! Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;
loopk wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.
loopk wrote on Avery's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TsuruharaYuki