Is there a plugin to automate events when character reaches specific levels?

LordFleck

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know any plugins that add "conditionals" to main character level ups? I want to automate specific events when I get the character to predetermined levels? Example: Player reaches Level 10: and triggers a common event to start a quest - Player reaches Level 40, and automatically is given a specific skill (again, easy enough to event). I know I can probably play with the variables... but I hate ALL that variable chasing...

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use common events.

A parallel common event that checks the actor level throughout the game and which looks like this :
Code:
Set Variable : Variable #001 = Game Data > Actor X's Level

If Variable #001 >= 10 and Switch  #001 is OFF
> Start a quest and turn switch #001 ON
If Variable #001 >= 40 and Switch #002 is OFF
> Learn or upgrade a skill and turn switch 002 ON

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This can easily be done with common events. But since you asked for a plugin, I'm moving this thread to JS Plugin Requests. If you feel like going with the event way, just say so and I'll move back your thread.

Moved to JS Plugin Requests

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could do it with events, but it's inefficient to have it check repeatedly, for the entire game, for something that will only happen a small number of times. If you went this way, you'd definitely want to put in a Wait at the start of the common event.

I have a plugin that lets you attach variables to an eval statement. I am not sure if the map is refreshed when a character's level changes (on my work computer and don't have MV so can't check). But you could try it out - use one variable per actor, and have your event trigger when the variable exceeds whatever it needs to be.

An even better approach would be to let you specify in the actor notes what switch you want turned on each time that actor levels up, and a very small plugin to turn on that switch. Then you could use the switch to condition a common event, and in the common event put the actor's level into a variable and have a series of conditional branches, one for each level of interest. If that sounds like something you want, and nobody replies with a better solution in the meantime, I could probably code it up for you later today.

edit ... although this

Player reaches Level 40, and automatically is given a specific skill (again, easy enough to event)
doesn't need events at all. You just set up that skill for that level in the class tab.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I got a new computer and can't find my product activation key for MV, what do I do ;-;
buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djsete