is there a program to write games that have multiple routes and dialogue options?

pickledylans

lov the cronch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi, i was wondering if theres any programs (or advice, if there is none) thats helpful for writing games that have multiple routes and dialogue options? the game im writing may have multiple endings, but at the very least, theres different dialogue and scenes you can get depending on what you do. i can just see this getting disorganized quickly

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I know you can use Twine to plan out branching story paths.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is basically planning, and there are a lot of different ways to plan - including ways that are completely independent of game programming or special programs that help simulating games.

On one end a lot of people still do their plannign on paper, especially if the branching story is more complex.
Then there are a lot of programs that create organigrams like MS Visio or similar programs.
And on the high-end there are professional programs like articy:draft that not only create the branching dialogues, but allow simulation of them and export in formats that are then readable by game engines.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Useful development tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OMEGASS