is there a program to write games that have multiple routes and dialogue options?

pickledylans

lov the cronch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi, i was wondering if theres any programs (or advice, if there is none) thats helpful for writing games that have multiple routes and dialogue options? the game im writing may have multiple endings, but at the very least, theres different dialogue and scenes you can get depending on what you do. i can just see this getting disorganized quickly

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I know you can use Twine to plan out branching story paths.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is basically planning, and there are a lot of different ways to plan - including ways that are completely independent of game programming or special programs that help simulating games.

On one end a lot of people still do their plannign on paper, especially if the branching story is more complex.
Then there are a lot of programs that create organigrams like MS Visio or similar programs.
And on the high-end there are professional programs like articy:draft that not only create the branching dialogues, but allow simulation of them and export in formats that are then readable by game engines.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Useful development tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Besides my Might and Magic inspired project, I have always wanted to make a Fire Emblem-like game. Time is the culprit... Between life, composing music packs, and working on a game can it be done!? The tactical plugins for MV work quite well based on what I have tested.
Yaaay! My second public script is out and approved! A VX Ace Final Fantasy IX styled Throw Script!

I look forward to all the constructive feedback I get but most importantly I hope everyone who ends up using it enjoys!

Yaaaay! Making scripts is fun lol. :D
When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr