Is there a simple script for time?

Neo_Kum0rius_6000

Not Your Ordinary Guy!
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, In my game I want to add a time system.
I want certain events to only happen at certain times of the day like a conditional branch.
Like for example:

At night time a guy will appear in a town and sell you rare items but he will go away during the day.

Other than that I would like the screen to tint at certain times. I would also love for the game's
messages to tell you the time. So that an NPC could say "The current time is 1:20"

I would love a simple plugin script.

Does anyone know were I can find something like this, or can someone make me something like this?
If you respond I would be really happy because I usually never get a response on script requests.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
simple time systems like that are usually done by events alone - that is a lot easier than configuring a script with time for a specific game.

basically you'll have a common event on parallel process counting up variables for minutes, hours and days and have the game react to those variables.

TakeHomeTheCup

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you can do it with events, it's probably better to do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.
In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*
Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRMA