Is there a way for a choice to start on a certain one.

Lapzil_Spider

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm sorry if the title makes no sense, but hear me out. In my game, there's a difficulty option.
Easy is at the top
Normal is in the middle
Hard is at the bottom
When the game asks you "choose your difficulty" The choice points at easy because it's the first choice at the top. I don't wanna put it as:
normal
easy
hard.

Is there a way I can make the choice start in the middle?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
RPG Creator is an app for iOS. I'm assuming you're using RPG Maker MV?

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're talking about the show choice command of RMMV that is as easy as setting a different default in the event command window (because it is not selected because it is top, it is selected because it is default).

if you're talking about something else, we need to see screenshots of the commands you've used (the event pages)

NeptuneTron

The Salticid Scholar of the North
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As Andar suggested, simply use the "Show Choices" command, and set the default to "Normal" instead of to "Easy". It should look something like this:
1591124550040.png
Basically, if you want the default choice to be "Normal" (which is #2), the "Default" setting has to match the choice number you want to be the default.

I'd also recommend setting the "Cancel" setting to "Disallow". Otherwise, if a player tries to exit the menu, they might end up trying to play the game without having selected a difficulty, or might play the game on a difficulty they didn't intend to choose.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here ever confronted a never-ending loading screen? Took me 3 hours to realize the problem was the font format :yswt:
Ah, the problems a noob runs into...
WOOHOO!! FIXED A MAJOR SHOP PROBLEM I HAD FOR MONTHS, WHAT A WAY TO END MY STAY-CATION!
44 viewers at the same time!! :p That must be a personal record! ;)

1643393895196.png

I tried to make a face portrait.
it's the first ever time I try something like this, hope it came out decently even if it was my first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexeySova