Is there a way that can use animated tiles which have more than 3 frames?

chyj4747

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. the tileset can be set in mv database for passable setting and can be used to draw map in mv, which mean it needs to be in mv defined scale.
2. when run the game, it will play more than 3 frames animation

Is there any plugin that can do this?

Otherwise I have to write this plugin myself, but I am game maker not plugin maker.

Since tileset in mv editor must be 3 frames, the ideal plugin should find its corresponding tileset which contains complete animation and replace the original one in runtime.

Btw, parallax map is not a solution in my case because I used a seamless map transfer plugin (you can find it here) which does not handle parallax and also I need to do extra work for passable setting.

Thanks for any help.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MV Deployment is for issues that come up when trying to deploy the game, not for asking about plugins.

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it is not huge I suggest you use event instead
or yanfly dooddad it had animation
never saw the tile animation plugin one
unless the fix frame speed

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using events for this would be problematic - lag, due to number of events constantly updating; you would not be able to draw the right tiles with an event that autotiles cover, without having many different versions (similar to double-clicking on an autotile in XP, which shows that a single autotile can actually make 48 different tiles)

chyj4747

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it is not huge I suggest you use event instead
or yanfly dooddad it had animation
never saw the tile animation plugin one
unless the fix frame speed
Okay, it seems that I have to make my own one again...

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, what do you mean events cause lag through constant change through pages? Might take some resources, yes, but I haven't experienced lag with this. And I actually use a LOT of events that represent animations. My main University map is 256 x 256 and has around 300 events that shift in animation, around every 60 frames each. Been playing with such animations and I haven't seen lag, except when I made my AI have to find direction to more than 20+ tiles away, having 6 students out of the 40 I was testing with act like this made unbearable lag. That fixed, game worked and still works as a charm. I will have to wait till I add the other 40 - 80 students' mechanics so I will talk about lag then XD

I have a few maps that use such animations to switch, and they do so for extended periods, however the lag doesn't occur because their switching through the animations occur at timers beyond 45 frames (usually 60 and 90)?

Also, regarding animated tiles I would bring into discussion TileD software, it also requires a plugin, and from what I looked back then info on it is quite scarce (setup and usage). Managed to use it alone until a point where I got stuck. Will giff it a try and most likely will make some videos on how to use it once I figure that up. Hope this.helps()! XD

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's doodads and Dhoom's parallax utils can both produce the end effect you want, but both of them are going to be more complicated than just putting down tiles in the editor.

With yanfly you can make an animated doodad the size of a tile, use the lock doodads to grid option, and place them on the lowest level over whatever unanimated version of the terrain you have.

chyj4747

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's doodads and Dhoom's parallax utils can both produce the end effect you want, but both of them are going to be more complicated than just putting down tiles in the editor.

With yanfly you can make an animated doodad the size of a tile, use the lock doodads to grid option, and place them on the lowest level over whatever unanimated version of the terrain you have.
Thanks.
I have already made my own plugin for A1 tileset, released HERE.
And I also made another plugin to animate other tile types, will be released soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koshibari