Is there a way to add 16-bit sprites in RPG Maker MV?

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just recently got Aseprite to make my custom sprites. But, I don´t know how to put them together in a sprite sheet and keep the true 16-bit feeling in it. without scaling or extending the pixel-count do to scaling. any help or website will be appreciated.
Note: if there is a post with this information I did not find it. sorry if there is any inconvenience.

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excuse me but...

What exactly is a 16-bit sprite? :kaoswt2: (edit: oh, silly me, obviously I know what you mean ^^')

Anyway if this can help you, you can add a '$' in front of the name of your sprite file.

e.g : your file is mySprite.png -> change it to $mySprite.png

The format of a standard sprite sheet is 3 frames, 4 directions. then it's a 3x4 sheets with cells equally sized (meaning that the width is logically divisible by 3, and the height by 4)

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excuse me but...

What exactly is a 16-bit sprite? :kaoswt2: (edit: oh, silly me, obviously I know what you mean ^^')

Anyway if this can help you, you can add a '$' in front of the name of your sprite file.

e.g : your file is mySprite.png -> change it to $mySprite.png

The format of a standard sprite sheet is 3 frames, 4 directions. then it's a 3x4 sheets with cells equally sized (meaning that the width is logically divisible by 3, and the height by 4)
I know the style of a 16 bit is different from a 8 bit one but what I mean I want to make simple and classic sprites that are 8x8 and 16x16 but RPG maker can only accept 48x48 by default I want to do them smaller without doing the scaling if I have to do scaling and I do not have other options I will do it.

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmm

Besides with parallax mapping I don't think you'll be able to do it. RPG Maker indeed only takes tilesets that are 48x48px of size.

As for characters, they can be of any size.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dald