Is there a way to add custom parameters?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by ElOtario, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElOtario

ElOtario Villager Member

First Language:
    Pretuguês
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    For the game I'm trying to make, I think custom parameters will make the gameplay better. Is there any way to use custom parameters? I've looked around before, and I found a few plugins that could do that, but is it possible to do without plugins? Does the engine allow it?

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You say you found a few plugins, but Ace does not use plugins, it uses scripts, so it would be worth double checking that what you have found are, in fact, Ace scripts.

This cannot be done without scripts. If you are not satisfied with the scripts (assuming that that's what they are) you've found, then Report your post and ask for this to be moved to RGSS3 Script Requests. If, on the other hand, what you've found meets your needs, Report your post and ask for the thread to be closed.

Thanks.

3. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    There are scripts that do extra stats. You would not be able to do it without scripts.
    If you want to change the name of the stats like hp and mp, then just rename them in the terms tab. (not sure if this covers the battle though)
    If you use scripts that set the names to hp and mp, you just need to edit the scripts for that text. (in quotes)

4. ElOtario

ElOtario Villager Member

First Language:
    Pretuguês
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yes, those were scripts. My mind wandered off and I accidentally wrote plugins.

I see.

5. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.