Is there a way to add custom text to a save file?

Lapzil_Spider

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright. Now that I figured out how to do 2 things for my game, I need a 3rd one. In my game there's a difficulty option, Easy, Normal, And Hard. In the game when you choose a certain Difficulty the game never really says anything about it. I was wondering if I could put certain text on the save file next to the title like this:
1591238478296.png1591238532447.png
It'll only go towards one save file. After you choose the difficulty it'll save later on, saying the difficulty (that's how I'm gonna plan it out. I don't want it to change the title of the game if that's even possible...)
((P.S. If there's a plugin it'll need to work with YEP_SaveCore because I'm using that.))

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
RPG Creator, which is the forum you've been posting in, is an iOS app. It is not the same as RPG Maker MV. If you need help for MV, this is the Support forum. I believe for this you'll need a plugin though.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Yanfly's Save Core plugin can do this natively. Check Save Core's parameters in the Plugin Manager, there are some named Data Column 1, Data Column 2, etc. This lets you customise what values are shown in those boxes under the portraits. :)

You can assign text values to variables using Control Variables > Script > "text". (In JavaScript, anything in 'single' or "double" quotes is text.) Basically, you could have an extra variable to store the difficulty name, and set that variable when the player selects the difficulty, e.g.
Code:
◆Text:None, Window, Bottom
:    :Choose the game difficulty!
◆Show Choices:Easy, Normal, Hard (Window, Middle, #2, -)
:When Easy 
  ◆Control Variables:#0009 = "Easy"
  ◆
:When Normal 
  ◆Control Variables:#0009 = "Normal"
  ◆
:When Hard 
  ◆Control Variables:#0009 = "Hard"
  ◆
:End
Then put variable 9 (change number as appropriate) in one of the Data Column plugin parameters, wherever you want it displayed~ :kaopride:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:
spending a week trying to figure out what was wrong with my font has me DED
504 threads to go upon the time of this post until the forum reaches 100k threads. Thread Dead Redemption. Thready Van Halen. Thread Zeppelin. Doesn't have to be a band or a game
Random thought: Looks like putting in effort in learning a language is like a taboo for most people. :kaoswt2:
Not sure about RPG Maker MZ ; We see a lot of things, but they could have enhanced a lot of things in MV first... We're at the era of updates nowadays, not new products over and over and over :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guuh1