Is there a way to automatically open an actors skill menu at the start of thier turn?

Quintus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm taking the default attack and guard options away to put them as regular skills, which leaves my actor command window with just skills and items, I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean. Since skills are going to be used much more frequently than items I want to save the player and have the skill menu automatically open at the the start of an actors turn, but I'm not sure how to do this. Is there something in the editor that will let me do it, or a plugin?Capture.PNG

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure, but if you can use a common event, use a script call and copy/paste this:

Code:
SceneManager.push(Scene_Skill);

EDIT: If your intention where to have an active skill window from which you can select your skills for battle, then forget my post. It will only take you to the skill menu. Sorry, read your post too quickly lol.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there something in the editor that will let me do it, or a plugin?

Definitely a plugin/JS file.. You cant modify the command window using just the editor.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is an additional problem here as well.

by default the turn has a command phase and an action phase - there is no "actor turn". That is because the chosen action/skill modifies the time of the action with the skill speed, the action order can only be determined after the command selection.

If you change this to an ATB/CTB or similiar battle system (where this would be logica and possible), then any change would be dependent on the plugins you're using for your battle system.

Quintus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is an additional problem here as well.

by default the turn has a command phase and an action phase - there is no "actor turn". That is because the chosen action/skill modifies the time of the action with the skill speed, the action order can only be determined after the command selection.

If you change this to an ATB/CTB or similiar battle system (where this would be logica and possible), then any change would be dependent on the plugins you're using for your battle system.

Right, I forgot to mention. I'm using Yanfly's battle engine core and STB battle system, so I do have every turn individually for each actor.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kamikun95