Is there a way to change the Center Position or focus of the camera?

ighrpg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would like to shift the camera position so that the player is not centered on the map. Is there a way to do this?
Thus far I have tried Galvs Camera Plugin but there does seem to be a option of shift the focused player camera.

Any ideas how to achieve ?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
depends on how you want the screen to look.
what should it be centered on or where should the player be?

I suggest you give a mockup picture of what you want, then we can tell you how to achieve that.

ighrpg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
depends on how you want the screen to look.
what should it be centered on or where should the player be?

I suggest you give a mockup picture of what you want, then we can tell you how to achieve that.

HI Andar, Please see attached images.
I want the camera to stay focused on the player but offset so you can see more map above the player as they move around.

Attachments

• exmaple_1_Untitled-1.png
    exmaple_1_Untitled-1.png
    344.1 KB · Views: 3
  • exmaple_2_Untitled-1.png
    exmaple_2_Untitled-1.png
    357.3 KB · Views: 3

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that has the disadvantage of seeing less of the map below, not every player will like that.

needs a custom plugin that changes the calculation of what part of the map is displayed, but should be easy to do.

ighrpg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
that has the disadvantage of seeing less of the map below, not every player will like that.

needs a custom plugin that changes the calculation of what part of the map is displayed, but should be easy to do.

When you say "easy" is there a plugin that could assist in this that you would recommend? I do not code very well. edited : ( I now assume you would have already told me if you knew of a plugin ) :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not to my knowledge.
but with easy I mean that someone with the knowledge should be able to write one quickly, and that means you have good chances of success if you request one such plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here
Mr_Petue wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miniseukeoteu