Is there a way to change the game icon without hacking?

Seren_Branwen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would have liked to change the red dragon icon to something more fitting for my game, but from what I have seen in older posts the only way to do this is by downloading a program and hacking into the file to get access to the "gameicon.png" or whatever it's called and change that image. Is there a way to change it without hacking? and if not, why? it just seems like something that should be allowed...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it is allowed - they never changed the EULA for a few legal reasons, but Degica has always stated that changing the icon is not considered hacking for the purposes of the licence.

The old topics where that was stated should still be in the forum archives, but I have no link.

Seren_Branwen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
it is allowed - they never changed the EULA for a few legal reasons, but Degica has always stated that changing the icon is not considered hacking for the purposes of the licence.

The old topics where that was stated should still be in the forum archives, but I have no link.
Thank you. I found it pretty easliy, but I don't know if I'll actually do it, I'll think about it...

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I asked about this in a different thread and was recommended a program called Resource Hacker. It worked very well for and I recommend doing this because it adds a nice touch of personality for your game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetme