Is there a way to copy everything in an event window to later paste anywhere at all?

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It seems another VXA-specific limitation... with MZ I could ('copy as text') in a manner that doesn't only paste in another RM window, which seems to be the case in VXA... so, as it is it seems I can only copy to paste everywhere line by line...

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try to press and hold the "Left Shift Button" while you Select Eventcode with the Left Mousebutton.
Works in VX, VX-Ace, MV and MZ, XP not tested.

Than Copy and Paste or "Strg c" and "Strg v"

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Now it makes sense. Selecting more than one event command in the event editor.
Yes, I normally select the first one and press shift then down arrow to select more. Or up arrow. Never tried with the mouse.

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The problem is after copying, as e.g. I can't do that and then paste in this window... it only allows pasting in RM itself.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It should also allow to copy paste between 2 or more Open Projects.

Pasting it somewhere as Text was not part of the initial Question(Edit: I maybe have missread, not the best in english), but it is possible with MV and MZ but not with VX-Ace, but it doesnt allow you to copy paste it back into eventcommands. its just easier for showing code in Forums.

I would suggest Windows Snipping Tool for easy Pictures of your whole Event Windows, but iam not sure what you try to do.

Last edited:

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd need to copy it as screenshots would only capture what's visible, and since I use a wordwrap plugin most of the text runs beyond the window.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
but iam not sure what you try to do.
No one is.

You say blah we say here, you say no - blah, we say here, you say no blah,
Again. I'm done until you give relevant accurate information.
(Why do I keep coming back?)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So unbelievably excited for IGMC this year! First public game was for the original one and I'm just so pumped!!
Sometimes I am amazed at how relentless spam bots are. I would clear the que and then see 800~5k more depending on their mood.
Work on UD is already so delayed but I gotta drop everything so that I have something ready for IGMC!
Messed up the chains... :kaoback:
Sw7U8dA.jpg

Character: Jeanne D'Arc from Fate/Apocrypha.
Neptrone wrote on Andar's profile.
Hello Andar, i just saw you created a lot of helpful thread in the past regarding RPG, genre, game design, etc, etc.

Do you have full collection or list about every useful thread that you made in the past ? I think it would be very useful for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qixxi