Is there a way to create tools that can be accessed by this tool manager?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by ICF-Soft, Aug 6, 2017.

1. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Since MV version 1.5.0 there is a tool manager accesible througth menu bar. So I want to ask if there is a way to create tools that can be accessed by this tool manager.

2. Oscar92player

Oscar92player Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey ICF-Soft, long time no see! I'm Oscar92player, don't you recognise me? From Mundo Maker.

You see... the Tool Manager it's accesible since 1.4.0, and the only tool we have is Sakan's Tileset Editor, but never heard about create custom tools for this manager. I think it's only for official releases and DLCs, because there are no tutorials or instructions in the Contents menu about how to use it (except for Tool installations).

But the only way to know about this is from a Developer or a Mod. Maybe they can help you with this question.

3. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Yes. I recognise you.

I hopped there was a way to add custom tools since I saw that you can search a folder where could be one.
    Imagine that you can extend editor allowing to add more data fields to actors, classes, etc.., more files to database, upgrading events, and more. You could get rid of processing notetags for a quicker startup.

4. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  5. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    I'll think about it.

The main pourpose of this idea is to have a custom tool to use with plugins to avoid notetag processing. Specially my plugins use a lot of different notetags that result in different data structures.

I want to make a tool accesible througth editor that doesn't need to be placed inside every proyect. This tool should change the complex data field edition into something simplier.

Super tools engine increases startup time, maybe because of more notetag processing, and is oppened througth player.