SqueakyMattie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want to make it so that the player can't go behind the portrait that is always on screen, I thought of doing it by cropping the play area, making it less wide, but I have no idea how to do that.
The attached screenshot is from an NSFW game called Lust Doll Plus by Indivi, I want to do that sort of set up, except I only need the image, not the text and stats.Screenshot (1200).png

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I'm understanding you, the portrait is a HUD element? Something that's always present?If that's the case, displaying it with a tool like SumRndmDde's HUD Maker Ultra would make the most sense, that way the portrait stays in the same place in relation to the player when they move about.

SqueakyMattie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I'm understanding you, the portrait is a HUD element? Something that's always present?If that's the case, displaying it with a tool like SumRndmDde's HUD Maker Ultra would make the most sense, that way the portrait stays in the same place in relation to the player when they move about.
I have the picture in place, I just need a way to basically have it not cover a part of the screen, so that the player can't go behind it. Like when you move to the edge of the map, the player would be able to go to the edge of the screen because the camera would stop scrolling, but then the player would go behind the picture.

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the picture in place, I just need a way to basically have it not cover a part of the screen, so that the player can't go behind it. Like when you move to the edge of the map, the player would be able to go to the edge of the screen because the camera would stop scrolling, but then the player would go behind the picture.
Have you tried leaving empty map tiles on the right-egde of your maps?

SqueakyMattie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have you tried leaving empty map tiles on the right-egde of your maps?
I suppose that does work as a solution. I do want to have some small spaces where the camera doesn't move at all, though I will do this for now, thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

FREE puzzle generator in steam workshops. It will randomly generate countless puzzles.
If you have the steam version of MV, you can see how I made the puzzles and freely copy/paste the events into your own project.

I might add more generators to the steam workshop in the future.

Enjoy!

Hit the ground running! first day back and got ALOT of things going and even have a bunch of fresh ideas on how to tackle old problems!
I've got like 15 game ideas that I'm working on at the same time, and I'm fresh out of motivation for all of them. the past couple of weeks have been me not working on anything at all and wasting my time instead of being productive... gosh I love myself so much
Well turns out I'm not going to the fair... COVID cases way too high in my state. Instead I'll just go to Chuck E Cheese's and transfer all my tickets from Orlando to my normal PlayPass wristband.
NV4LMYs.gif

New UIs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aephemerial