zerobeat032

Something, Something Zerobeat...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've looked through a few plugins such as Yanfly's Action Sequence 2 that allows one to add to TP, but I was wondering if there was a way to outright "damage" someone's TP like you would HP or MP... Like I have it where I'd want certain attacks to fill it up more than others but I don't see anything that just let's me write a damage formula but use it against TP. OR... if someone know's how to have the action sequence only add TP if the hit actually lands, that'd be helpful. I'm unfortunately not sure what I'd need to have things only happen on hit confirms. actually...

Would the <Custom React> from Yanfly's Buff and States Core be useful here? that specifically seems to have effect's only occur if the action connects.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Damage formula:
Change b for a if you want it to be on user instead of target:
Code:
if (b.isActor()) b.tp -= 30;

If the skill is unique for actors or enemies, the if can even be omitted.
Code:
b.tp -= 30;
Note that it may be _tp instead of tp, I am not at home, cannot confirm.

zerobeat032

Something, Something Zerobeat...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok thanks! that actually works as intended. my goal was to have have TP act as a sort of stun gauge and have certain attacks add more or less to the it. but I couldn't figure out a way to directly do tp damage. thanks a lot for the help.

Edit... I actually have one other question. I'm not sure how to write out in the formula that if the enemy is affected by a state, don't add tp. normally I'd put b.isStateAffected(10) ? b:_tp =0; and whatnot but I don't know how to write more complex formulas as I've written in that this so far... b.elementRate(1) >= 1 ? b._tp += 15 : b._tp += 10; in order to have more TP added based on element. but I'm unsure how to stack the state affected on top of that. oh and maybe I'm just slow, but how is this dealing HP damage? I noticed it still deals normal damage, which I want, but because I don't know what part of the formula is doing it, I'm unsure of what the damage ratios are. they're wildly different per hit almost. damage has ranged from 18 hp to over 100 with the same attack using the above formula.

in the end I'm basically just trying to have any attack add something to one's tp gauge in varying amounts based on the attack and certain other factors. this works other than I want them to NOT add tp once a certain threshold is reached. like once the tp hits 100 it drains back to 0 and you start filling it again. I've got that figured out, I just need the formulas to not add tp once the state is applied.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

hunter2.png
new boss I drew today... KnightShade.
I'm looking at the instructions for notarizing an app for Mac. I think somebody at Apple went out of their way to seek a method to make notarization as annoying as humanly possible.
JjhoCix.gif

On one hand, game jams are fun. On the other hand, (incoherent screeching).
Here's my 3rd attempt at making my menu scene... Now the title looks cool enough to catch your attention I guess. =_=¡

kyoalertmenuxp09.jpg
My 2nd attempt at modifying my Achievements Menu...

kyoalertmenuxp07.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A_drag0n