Is there a way to disable user input during dialogue?

Archlvt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble with something that's honestly probably incredibly simple. I would like to temporarily take control AWAY from the user while dialogue boxes automatically come and go. Yes, I'm aware you can use \| and \^ in order to automate the message window, but the problem is that if a user hits confirm, it will finish the dialogue early. I would like to completely remove the user's ability to skip or speed up the dialogue as it is part of a cutscene where multiple characters are walking and talking.

The cutscene plays out beautifully as is, provided the player doesn't touch anything when it's playing.

I am using YEP MessageCore, AutopauseatPunctuation, YED Wordwrap, and GALV MessageSoundEffects.

**Edit** I did just notice that GALV MessageSoundEffects is what allows the user to skip dialogue entirely rather than just speeding it up, but I really don't want to give up such a big part of the game for one cutscene. I'm hoping someone with experience in these plugins knows a way around this.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you sure it's that plugin? I don't see anything in the code that tells it to skip the rest of the message.

Archlvt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you sure it's that plugin? I don't see anything in the code that tells it to skip the rest of the message.
100%. Enabling it lets me skip the dialogue before it even finished displaying, while without it all I can do is speed up the message. But even without it, I don't want the player to be able to even speed up the message in this case.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if your current plugins can accomplish that so I'm moving this thread to Plugin Support for now.

Moved to Javascript/Plugin Support

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alternatively there's a tricky way to achieve the same effect without using plugin, although it's a bit clunky.
Here, I have a tutorial that allow you to make a skippable event.

The only problem with it is just when dealing with message window it still has to wait for the last window message to finish. Unless you found a way to forcefully close a window message, my skippable event will be perfect.

Archlvt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whypzk