Is there a way to edit a completed game's audio levels/balancing?

DJLinguistic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've played a couple RPG Maker VX Ace games, but one thing I've noticed is that a couple of them don't have menus to futz with the audio settings. Three games specifically by this one Japanese creator. Unfortunately, that's a bit of a problem because with some of those games, the BGM volume is so loud that the dialogue is muffled and virtually muted. There's the F1 menu of course but that's not any help. From what I've learned online, an actual audio or system menu requires a script. Considering how many games the creator's made, I guess either they don't know the script exists, or they just actively choose not to implement any.

I've tried looking online for some sort of answer to this but I've found no answers. I don't even know if I'm posting this in the right forum, and there's a multitude of complicated rules and the like, far too many to read when I just want to ask a simple question. If there's already a thread about this, I'd be happy to be directed there. All I want to is to just lower the darn music in the completed game.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sadly there is no way to directly lower them in the game unless the dev added them. The best you can do is (and this depends on still having access to the music folder) is to go into the music folder and open each piece of music in the game with a music editor and lower it there.

And if you have no access to the music folder, then there is nothing you can do.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it needs a script, then it has to be added by the game's developer, and can't be added after deployment. Maybe there's a way for you to contact them and ask them to either make the BGM quieter, or add the script?

Actually, I don't think BGM is included in the encrypted file, so you COULD go into the Audio/BGM folder and edit them all yourself using Audacity (I haven't used the program so am only assuming it allows you to lower the volume). That's a manual process though, so might take a while to do, and definitely backup your BGM folder first, just in case ...

edit - lol, if I'd hit Submit 2 seconds faster ...

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Right. There is a way to encrypt the music separately but not many do it. So odds are high you will still have access to the folder. Still, back it up just in case too.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Time to wear a new face again...

Should keep things interesting huh? @EpicFILE :p
unknown.png

Been feeling that my characters spent too much time exploring caves, so I figured it was time to explore abandoned keeps instead.
Did you had some minor hitches with RMMZ? Come report to my topic where I did the same! [Just another rant from a RM veteran + Suggestions and Solutions] All opinions are welcome!
Squashing some bugs before releasing plugin :LZScool:The testing phase is taking more time than what I expected...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indecisivesidekick