Is there a way to expand the Event Window?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by juraija, Jan 31, 2018.

1. juraija

juraija Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    i am starting to make too many conditional branch for an event and the words ended off screen, is there a way to make the window bigger or add a horizontal slide bar to the events?

thanks for your time :)

2. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If you mean edit how the editor looks like? Afaik, it's a no

juraija likes this.
  3. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That's a limitation of the editor. You will have to rethink how you do your conditional branches or write down what your doing so that you can know what is where.

juraija likes this.
  4. Hero_Claive

Hero_Claive (Phoenix Ember) Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If you're using lots of conditional branches within conditional branches, calling a Common Event with those branches might be a more convenient way of doing it. You can virtually have infinite conditional checks by calling another Common Event from within the first one.

juraija likes this.
  5. juraija

juraija Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    i can't use the command "call common event" because i use the free version of the software ("Lite") so i am starting to use a lot of conditional branch to save some events (a problem start when i create too many tabs on a event too, i don't know if i make it and i don't see it or if the event is not programmed to have too many tabs), what i am doing now is copy and paste in different tabs the conditional branches to see if there is not problem

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @juraija the common events should work in Lite same as elsewhere, only the script editor is really disabled in Lite.
    The only restriction on common events is the number (like with all other database entries, you have only a limited number of common events available for calling).

7. juraija

juraija Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Andar can you check it, please? when i try to use the "call common event..." it say "This feature is not available in the lite version." what i can do is use a common event in a item, for example i can make a key item called map show an image when is used from the inventory, but i can't use a common event in an event. i heard that somewhere is a program to expand the window of the event but i don't trust third party applications. i never checked the Script Editor because i don't know how to write code so now i tested it putting some random words and trying to save it, the result is the one you say, i can't modify the script in the lite version, for someone like me is good to know that i can't make a mistake there even if i want to lol