Is there a way to get rid of the waiting between each step in Custom move routes?

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the Autonomous Movement panel of an event, you have the choice to set a Custom move route. If you use this and say, make an event walk 5 tiles in a direction, there is a small delay between each step no matter the Speed.

However, if you use the Set Movement Route command in the body of the event with the same instructions, the event walks fluidly all 5 steps.

Due to this, it is hard to make an event walk fluidly in chosen directions and still be interact-able, as the event command must begin by being a parallel process, and hence can't have talk options or other interaction.

How do I solve this problem?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is not speed that affects this - it is frequency. Play around with the frequency setting and see what difference it makes.

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The event's Freq(uency) is what determines the pause between each movement; the Speed only determines how quickly it moves from one tile to the other.

You need to increase the Frequency.

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is not speed that affects this - it is frequency. Play around with the frequency setting and see what difference it makes.
Perfect, thanks! It seems a bit non-intuitive that the Event command is secretly max frequency already but custom autonomous move route is not. I'm sure there is a reason for that which I don't know.
Thank you very much for the solution.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The autonomous movement should pick up any settings from the event that you don't specifically change as part of the move route.

I'll take a look at the code behind this and see if I can confirm what you're saying. That sounds like a bug to me, if that's what it's doing.

Frequency also determines how fast it animates / cycles between frames.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I usually don't enjoy survival games, but I absolutely love Conan Exiles.
Basically Everyone: Dont make a long game the first time. Me: I guess i'll make a REALLY long game in that case >:p
I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webbmichael