RMMV Is there a way to have text and text color change based on your team avg level?

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya!

wondering if there is a way to make text color change based on your teams average level as well as the text itself displayed to be different depending on your team average level.

Example if your 5 levels above X color of text is green and it could say "easy", if your the same level as X color is yellow and it says "normal", if 5 levels below X, text is red saying "hard"

anyone got any ideas?

thanks

Last edited:

MoonBunny

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've looked around and I believe we can pull this off by using Conditional Branch in the Event Editor.
Here is what I could draw up.
2021-02-28 - 05.29.59 ~ Cropped Capture.png
In this case, "level text test" is 20, and "Player1 Level" is defined as either a specific character's level or a variable you manually control. While it doesn't go in increments of 5, it has the idea down. I've also included color codes, so C00 shows up as white, C18 is red, and C03 is light green. There are even more color codes that you can use, so you can modify the text as you see fit.
While this only works for one character's level as a reference, there may be a way to call on an average party level that I'm not aware of. I hope this is helpful, but I apologize if it isn't.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the text of a show text command can change color with a textcode. that textcode is number-based and can be set by variable like \C[\V[99]]
do this with every text and you can use any calculation outside that text to determine the text color.

you only need a plugin for this if the calculation for the number is too complex or requires different colors based on different variables updating constantly.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Heya!

wondering if there is a way to make text color change based on your teams average level as well as the text itself displayed to be different depending on your team average level.

Example if your 5 levels above X color of text is green and it could say "easy", if your the same level as X color is yellow and it says "normal", if 5 levels below X, text is red saying "hard"

anyone got any ideas?

thanks
this is a solution to do that without any plugin... in case you're interested...
since the text also different anyway (easy, normal, hard)... just use conditional branch
with 3 different show text command... and you can store the actor level first before doing the conditional branch.
something like this:

hope this help

edit: just read that you want average level of party... i assume you mean battle member (not including reserve party)... then you can change control variable above with:

control variable -> script:
Code:
Math.floor($gameParty.battleMembers().map(a => a.level).reduce((a,b) => a + b) / $gameParty.battleMembers().length)
it will sum all the level of the battle member... then divide it by the number of battle member (meaning getting the average)... then strip the decimal using Math.floor.

hope this help.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sorry for the short absence. Hospital tests out the wazoo. although I just end up disheartened when my insurance won't cover what I need. I wish I lived somewhere where the country care about chronic illness patients.
Funny Gran Turismo/Thomas meme i Made

A Thing.png
A testament to my ideas to execution ratio. Yeahhh I complete a lot less then I start-
I need to force myself to take a break... I keep trying to push with artwork and it's causing my art to suffer as well as just my mental state. I'm once again burnt out on art. I wanna work on my project, but I can't without the art done since I can't use much for placeholders since everything is custom...
Any progress...
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testoryze1