Is there a way to lock Chain Command HUD in one place? (Moghunter)

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by muffinswords, Jun 1, 2019.

1. muffinswords

muffinswords Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I seem to be having an issue with Moghunter's Chain Command, which works well enough, but the hud itself is constantly moving around to follow whatever the target of your attack/skill was.

In doing so, especially when together with Moghunter's Frontal Battle Camera, the chain hud not only becomes nauseating to keep up with, always being in a new place (also making it too difficult)...but sometimes you can't see it at all. Because whatever method it uses to lock onto target sends the hud way out of the frame. Either too far too the left, right, top, bottom, etc. to the point you cannot see the hud and thus can't react and input the command. I have tried to use the x and y values in the plugin menu, these don't help me. For one, I don't quite understand them, for another, the hud still goes flying everywhere and the moment the hud appears in a decent area for one enemy, the next enemy will have it show offscreen again.

By restraining troop placement to a very small square area, it can be somewhat averted, but I'd rather not resort to this as the flexibility to arrange enemies as I wish is rather important.

So...what I am ultimately asking is, is there something I can alter in the script to lock the Chain Command HUD in one place? So it shows up there every time it shows, and does not move around to find your target? Am I even allowed to alter Moghunter's script for this purpose? The website claims "you are free to edit and adapt," but just making sure.

Thanks for reading. I have basically no skill in or understanding of what I see when I open the script. So my conclusion that the hud is set to appear by the target of your attack may be wrong, but it's my best lead.

Chain Command script: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-chain-commands/
    Frontal Battle Camera script: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv_frontal_battle_camera/

2. muffinswords

muffinswords Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    By mucking around in the script without knowing what I was doing, I eventually somehow discovered a solution that has been tested to work. So far. Thank goodness for making backups.

On line 585, you have the update position section. Just change the values after each equal sign from what you see there to the following (with the exception of the math on the layout lines, this is dependent on your layout):
    [​IMG]

This way, the chain command hud will now always appear locked to the same place, instead of appearing on top of targets. Because the values are the plugin's variables, you can use the plugin editor in MV to set each individually to your needs. Perhaps this will help someone. I suppose my issue has been solved for the time being! :)

sb~ likes this.