Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi. I dont know if its the right forum but i was wondering. Can you make two maps with unconnected events? Like having multiple starting points and fresh new events unrelated to the mother map. Thanks :)

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course you can. Mother maps are just a tool to make it easier to view in the editor.

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks but how to do so?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't believe I'm actually seeing this question :D But now seriously.

If you right click on the game name and select New map, you can create a new map that has no parent maps.
If you right click on a map and select "New map", you will create a new map that has a parent map.

None of these maps share any events or stuff like that. And every two maps can be unique.

Attachments

• Screenshot_89.png
    Screenshot_89.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 1

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lol srry kinda rusty since 10 years ago :) .
Ive already created a new mother map but the starting point was shared between both of them.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Starting point of the actor shouldn't be shared between anything, since the hero can start only on one map.
Starting points of events also shouldn't be shared, since the events are unique to each map. Maybe try to show print screens so that I know what is it about :)

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well im not at home but say, you kill the final boss then theres a scripted cutscene in a totaly different place. That requiere at least 2 starting point, or am i wrong?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, that requires the Change actor position/teleport/Change sprite location/Transfer player (depending on which rpg maker you are using, if you're using rm2k3, then it is Transfer player) command that moves you from one map to another.

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ive tried transfer player but dont know how to script it right like player touch? Or event touch? Transparency? In fact ive ended a scene with a hide screen, a picture that i must but cant figure how to erase and a wait of 15 seconds. I want a fresh new start for the next scene.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to use it for cutscene, use autorun event with a condition for a switch that activates in the boss battle, transfer player command and then simply do the stuff. Pictures are erased through a command called Erase picture. Maybe it would have been better for you to buy rpg maker mv instead of 2003, rpg maker mv has a tutorial.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of game play from a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
[move]RPGMaker 2000/2003[/move]

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kes thanks and sorry at the same time.

@Poryg thanks ill try it when im back home. And yeah unfortunatly not so much tutorials about rm2k3 but i like the retro feel.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
rm2k3 is easy to use, but you need to explore it and get accustomed to it before you can start creating your project.

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ikr it reminds me the C language all those variables and conditional branches. The only thing i dont get are switches, they look like variables to me but surely are for other uses. And yeah sometime i find some guide and follow them making me learning more the software, but sometime i just use common sense and it works :D

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Switches are variables with only two values, True or false.

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Pretty much like a function in C. Now ive got the idea thanks :)

Edit: hmm still i dont get it about using more than 1 page, if you can clear me on this subject please.

Last edited:

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG maker always uses the highest page that has all conditions met.

So for example if I have an event with two pages, but none have any activation conditions, the event will automatically use the second page.

If the second page has a condition that a switch needs to be turned on, then as long as it is turned off, the conditions for that page are invalid. So the game will look at page before that, see that it is valid and use it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Varlen