PlaYZone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way so that instead of going directly to the start screen you can show a prologue before the start screen shows.
(or just auto-save right after the prologue so players don't have to keep watching it every time they die/lose their progress, etc)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a plugin by SRD that skips the title screen and starts the game immediatley as long as there is no save file.
It's not exactly what you want, sinve the title screen won't be shown after the prologue, it just starts the game. However as soon as the player saved for the first time, the game will Start with the title screen. Maybe you can use this mechanic?

Think it's just called SRD skip title screen.

Beckx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can easily open the title screen with a script call:

SceneManager.goto(Scene_Title);

So if you use the aforementioned plugin and show your prologue, you could check if it's finished and then open the title screen via script call
edit: as mentioned below: this doesn't work as easily as initially thought, since the prologue would basically be the start of a game and you'd get stuck in a loop this way

Last edited:

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can easily open the title screen with a script call:

SceneManager.goto(Scene_Title);

So if you use the aforementioned plugin and show your prologue, you could check if it's finished and then open the title screen via script call
It just came to me, that this might cause a problem:

The plugin just lets you skip the title screen before starting a new game, so this intro sequence isnothing else than the beginning of this game. If you send your players back to the main menu after the sequence is finished and they start a new game, the intro will roll again, creating a loop.

Beckx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It just came to me, that this might cause a problem:

The plugin just lets you skip the title screen before starting a new game, so this intro sequence isnothing else than the beginning of this game. If you send your players back to the main menu after the sequence is finished and they start a new game, the intro will roll again, creating a loop.

Ah shoot, yeah you're right.
just throwing around ideas here, but I guess if you wanted to use the skip title plugin you'd have to open a customized / "faked" title screen after the prologue, then? So that the "New game" button would basically do nothing but close that "title screen" again and you'd continue with the normal flow of the game?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can also use some kind of "video" or splash with a preologue scene,
and skip when you press a button :) but you can also make one if you
are 30seconds on the title screen it can show a prelogue as well.

but you can also make one when a new game is pressed and make it skipable.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Have any of you read Sutter Kane?
My winter pack is now free on itch.io!
Writing music for Utara Forest, a location in All the King's Men. Nothing evokes a mysterious, dreamy sound like solo clarinet and modulation!
Man, nobody has created an MZ state animation plugin outside of VisuStella. That breaks my heart.
Finnuval wrote on Alador's profile.
Cute new avatar you got there ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithgaming8