Is there a way to make an Actor a "Support non-target but also non-counted" battler?

ChrisLebleu2020

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Quebec French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In my RPG I plan on reserving Player character spot 4 for what I'd call... well... if you have played Lunar on PS1 or GBA, y'know the little kitty who can't attack but can't be attacked? Is there a way to label actor 4 in the battle that way but with only access to, for example Brunet Paquet would be able to use items and minor heal skills such as "Give Brunet-Up soda" or Johnny Paquet to use "Kitty Heal" so they can support the party but not be counted as a vital character so let's say if actor 1,2 and 3 are K.O.'d, actor 4 would not be counted as a fighter so I would still get game over with 1-2-3 being down?

Thanks!!

LordOfPotatos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
with just base MV you could make the character have traits that make it immune to everything. like evasion/magic evasion +999%, element rates on 0.1% and immunity to all states.

then use battle events to trigger game over even with the character alive.
in the troops tab you use the battle event thing, on conditions you put turn [0]+[1]*x so it checks every turn.
inside the page you use a conditional branch > actor[1] is affected by state [death], then again for actors 2 and 3 and if all 3 are true trigger game over.

I think that's it.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had requested this very same "Nall System" back on RPGMaker... I don't remember, but it was a few engines ago. LOL!! I would love to see it successfully implemented though.

"Come on, get back on your feet!!"
-MIA

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Mixing different pixi filters over a picture. :MV3:

lumina_in_space.jpg

I don't know if my game dev skills are improving... But my waifu making ones sure are. :LZSwink:
Who wants to solve a riddle from my game?
"I prayed for her to lay down her worldly habit and accept the invitation to change her life forever." From lost to found. From past to present, From frown to smile. From the way people treat her as nothing but something to say wow about. From faithless to faithful. From something no one wants to something valuable, someone will respect and love. Thank you, Jesus.
Two new amazing plugins from @NhatNguyen! Footsteps & Stamina. Video on Twitter showcasing:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiamat