Is there a way to make the player face an event without knowing exactly where it will end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know in Set Move Route you can have have an event face towards the player, but is there a way to have the player face towards an event?

I have an event that triggers another character to walk up to you, using "move towards player" with Skip If Cannot Move. However, you have another character following you, so depending on how you approach the trigger event, this character will walk up to a different side of you. Aaaand... of course it just looks weird if your character isn't looking at the one you're talking to.

Is there anything that can be done to help?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the Set Move Route, hit the Script button, and type something like this (let's say you want to turn towards event 8):

Code:
turn_toward_character($game_map.events[8])
You can also use the move_toward_character($game_map.events[id]) method. And they both have an opposing method that turns/moves you away from the event as well: turn_away_from_character($game_map.events[id]) and move_away_from_character($game_map.events[id])

Last edited by a moderator:

Koi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow! You have a script for everything! Thank you Shaz!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:) Not everything.

I thought I'd actually written that because it wasn't included. But then I looked at an unaltered script and it had them as well. I think all I'd done was make an alteration so I could just pass in a number and have it figure out which event to use. Because I was lazy and didn't want to keep typing $game_map.events[] all the time :D

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just realized two of My series are beginning to look virtually identical to one another in mechanics and general themes, I never had this problem before.

This is Stifling! Must resolve this!
Lord's Reincarnation III (LR3) MOBILE is coming!!!
iu_534706_7630675.png
ScreenShot_1_20_2022_2_19_41.png
Juice FX is amazing... the portal in the middle is actually animated and moves thanks to Juice FX. so I edited part of a map I have and then drew the portal around it. threw it into Juice FX and now it's lively instead of static.
Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feikolon