Is There A Way To Speed Up the Auto Tiles (A1)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychronic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been looking around for a while and wondering if anybody has a solution. I want to make my water auto tiles on layer A1 animate faster than the default. Is there any easy way to do this? Either through a plugin or messing with the base .js files.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think the animation relies on it's parent object, which is driven by PIXI.
you *could* edit it, but you'd have to be careful not to screw up anything that depends on it.

Psychronic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the animation relies on it's parent object, which is driven by PIXI.
you *could* edit it, but you'd have to be careful not to screw up anything that depends on it.

Thank you, yeah all I'm trying to do is speed up the water tiles because the default animation looks a little slow to me. Being able to adjust it in some way would be nice!

I saw this thread but it was for RPG Maker VX Ace:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/frame-rate-of-auto-tiles.34071/

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I believe the only thing that does, is update twice, first from the tilemap proper, and then from the map.
so, you would effectively double the speed.

but it should be handled by altering the frame rate, not the number of updates

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but it should be handled by altering the frame rate, not the number of updates
wouldn't that then affect everything and not just the background tiles? Probably wouldn't want characters to be walking/animating twice as fast, and it might also speed up stuff in battles as well.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
wouldn't that then affect everything and not just the background tiles? Probably wouldn't want characters to be walking/animating twice as fast, and it might also speed up stuff in battles as well.
I believe what he means is specifically for tilemap, not others

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I don't remember right now if by default the character/tile animation is updated separately (I changed it for myself, and on my end I can change the sprite update speed independently of frame rate), but it would never update faster than 1 update per frame.
the game never updates everything one update per frame, it always skips frames when it comes to animation.

if you system can't pull 30 frames per second (or whatever the minimum), you'll still see it laggy.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought frame rate was an overall thing that affected everything.

I remember seeing the way the autotiles update when I was trying to make my upper autotiles plugin. I just don't remember how easy it would be to change to make it twice as fast.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
it is.
it's the minimum fraction of time you can have, and *it* drives the updates of everything, but the individual animation frames are updated every X minimal frames.
otherwise you'd be running a character update of 3 frames, at 60 frames per second, which would make each individual frame flash for 1/60th of a second.

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, so hopefully this won't count too much as a necro because @caethyril updated the plugin for MZ... back in sept (yeah, that's a necro) I decided to ask here versus asking directly on Caethyril's thread because my question could be beneficial to the OP of this thread as well. My intentions for this necro are pure, really!

On to the point, so I came across this plugin and it does exactly what I need. But it made me wonder, could it be taken 1 small (maybe) step further. Would it be possible to get this to work region specific, having 1 region animate at a different speed than another? If that's not something that would be a simple change, I didn't even ask this question. But if it is a simple addition... *gives you puppy dog eyes*.

I added a this map to give a quick example of what I'd mean. It would be cool if the area with the whirlpool animated a bit faster than the rest of the beach. But again, it's really not that serious. But I feel like little details like that can help make RPG maker games pop. Anyway, thanks for the plugin all the same!

vqbxxDs.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Dope, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Yep, still a necro, and as you're not the OP and your question is not exactly the same as the OP's you should start your own thread - or post in the plugin thread (where necroposting IS allowed).

Also, it looks like the OP has been banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?
my main character isn't the warrior of light or the chosen one, he's a self righteous, invasive try hard who gets ahead of himself and makes a critical error, resulting in a downward moral spiral that, eventually, leads him to truths that make him a better man, and im DAMN proud of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OMEGASS