Is there a way to trigger an event with multiple key items?

XENVITA

https://xenvita.carrd.co/
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hi, I want an event to trigger only when player has/must have two specific key items in their inventory.
Though, VX Ace here only allows one?
Thank you!

Attachments

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As a condition of the event appearing, I don't know if it is possible, but you can halfway do it by having key items given to the player also turn on switches.

But you can use conditions in the event itself for how it interacts. For instance, you can have a condition look for one item, then if it isn't there look for another, etc. If the item is there, have it jump to the right part and if not, have it jump to another.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
two specific key items
Depends on how you get these two items. If it's scripted, like, you get two items in a fixed location, then it is as easy as just to flip the switch when you have those two items.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are a number of options. some of them are mentioned above, but you could also use a control variable command to get the inventory count, and then use conditional branch to abort the event if not enough items are present.
In such a case the event would be triggered with only one item present, but it would abort its commands if the second item is missing.

XENVITA

https://xenvita.carrd.co/
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
there are a number of options. some of them are mentioned above, but you could also use a control variable command to get the inventory count, and then use conditional branch to abort the event if not enough items are present.
In such a case the event would be triggered with only one item present, but it would abort its commands if the second item is missing.
I'm still kinda learning with the program but I'm not familiar with the control variable commands and branches well. How do I do that or go from here?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not familiar with the control variable commands and branches well.
In that case, I strongly urge you to pause and have a look at Andar's compilation of info for new users. Among the many useful things there, there is a playable tutorial on Event Commands, including conditional branches, and another playable tutorial on variables. Being interactive, you learn a lot more, and more quickly, than just reading or watching a video. As a bonus, you can open them up in your Editor and see how everything was done. Events and switches are the foundation of any game, and you need a solid grasp of them. Spending a bit of time on this now will save you a huge amount of time and frustration in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harwin